- 1 ½ pounds ground lamb or beef (I like lamb best for these)
- 2 medium onions grated or finely chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts (toasted)
- ½ cup homemade breadcrumbs or Panko
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Dash of Tabasco
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Salt pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Toast Pine nuts to a light golden brown in a hot fry pan. Watch carefully as they can burn easily. Cool
Mix all the remaining ingredients together. Roll into egg shape and fry in olive oil.
Makes about 16 pieces.
These can be served with a seasonal spinach salad or minted peas. They are also tasty with some hummus and tabbouleh in a warm pita.