Directions to From the Farm Cooking School
618 Burr Road (between County Road #2 and #62), Ameliasburgh
10 minutes North of Bloomfield
10 minutes North of Wellington
15 minutes North West of Picton
Coming from Kingston
- 401 west to highway/road number 49 (should be the first exit after Napanee)
- South on 49 to Road 15 (the Northport road) – road 15 will be on your right, immediately after you cross the bridge into the county – it would be hard to miss the bridge!
- Follow road 15 to the end, which is in Demorestville, and turn right on road 14 (also known as the Demorestville road)
- Follow 14 west, and cross Highway 62 when you get to it (first stop sign)
- Road 14 turns into Burr road at this point, and follow Burr Road to number 618, about 2.9 km from Highway 62 – the house will be on your right.
Coming from Toronto
- Take the 401 East to Wooler Road – Wooler road is exit 522 or 523, and is just after a service center, it is also the first exit past the Brighton/Campbellford exit.
- Follow Wooler Road south all the way to the end, and then turn right on highway 33, the Loyalist Parkway (Loyalist Sign in the fork of the road).
- Follow 33 through Carrying Place, and into the County. Go over the bridge and you will come to a stoplight (33 and #64) Canada Post on the corner. Proceed through the lights and continue on 33. You will be looking for the turn onto Salem Road which will be on the left (about 5-7 minutes). It is about the fourth road on the left.
- Travel along Salem (About 10 minutes) till you get to the end. You will now be at County Road #2. Turn right on County Road 2.
- You are now travelling South – don’t get too comfy….because you will be taking the first left about 500 yards down the road – Look for Burr Road.
- Turn left onto Burr Road (only way you can turn). We are at number 618 – it will be on your left, about 3 KM down the road. You will know you are there when you see the old red brick house with a dry stonewall